This blog article is an image gallery of our previous blog article “Audio: Open a Nigerian bank account in South Africa [Listen]“.
In this article will take you through how to apply for a Nigerian Bank account (with GTBank, in this case). The step provided below should apply to all the other Nigerian banks such as:
- Access Bank Plc
- Diamond Bank Plc
- Fidelity Bank Plc
- First City Monument Bank Plc
- First Bank of Nigeria Limited
- Guaranty Trust Bank Plc
- Skye Bank Plc
- Union Bank of Nigeria Plc
- United Bank for Africa Plc
- Zenith Bank Plc
Here are the step required to open a Nigerian bank account [in this case, a GTBank Non Residence Nigerian (NRN) bank account] while living in South Africa:
- Visit your preferred bank’s website. Then download and complete the necessary application for Nigerian bank account for Nigerians abroad e.g. the GTBank NRN account sign up form.
- Submit supporting documents: personal identification documents, passport photograph, proof of residence, and references.
- All your documents have to be certified. Visit any South African Police Service (SAPS) Station.
- To submit, scan and send all documents via email.