James Hall Museum of Transport is a large and comprehensive museum of land transport, which was established in 1964 in Pioneer Park, Johannesburg.
There are several exhibition halls which display transport history, dating back more than a century. The museum makes for a great family trip and entry is free with no hidden costs.
Here are some of the things you will see at the James Hall Museum of Transport:
- animal-drawn vehicles
- bicycles and motorcycles
- coaches, engines, and equipment
- motor cars, steam-driven vehicles
- trams and trolley buses
James Hall Transport Museum – More Classic Cars
- Open: Tuesdays – Sunday (closed on Mondays)
- Location: Pioneer Park, Rosettenville Road, La Rochelle
- TripAdvisor reviews – https://www.tripadvisor.co.za/Attraction_Review-g312578-d2491861-Reviews-James_Hall_Museum_of_Transport-Johannesburg_Greater_Johannesburg_Gauteng.html
- Google Places reviews – https://goo.gl/maps/GdEQ6r3i6tt
- Website: http://www.jhmt.org.za/
Fun read: Minibus taxis in Johannesburg, Gauteng