James Hall Museum of Transport is a large and comprehensive museum of land transport, which was established in 1964 in Pioneer Park, Johannesburg.
There are several exhibition halls that display transportation history dating back more than a century in South Africa. The museum makes for a great family trip. The Hop-on Hop-off Johannesburg City Open Roof Sightseeing Tour Bus has the museum on their city tour route. This is a great idea for you to join the bus and to see other amazing tourist spots in Johannesburg. Interestingly, the entry cost to the transport museum is free with absolutely no hidden costs. However, they have a donation box where you can give whatever you can afford.
Here are some of the things you will see at the James Hall Museum of Transport:
- animal-drawn vehicles
- bicycles and motorcycles
- coaches, engines, and equipment
- motor cars, steam-driven vehicles
- trams and trolleybuses
More Classic Cars
- Open: Tuesdays – Sunday (closed on Mondays)
- Physical Address: Pioneer Park, Rosettenville Road, La Rochelle (Click to launch Google Maps)
- Phone Numbers: +27 (0) 11 435 9485/6/7; 27 11 435 9718
- Entrance Fee: FREE
- TripAdvisor reviews – https://www.tripadvisor.co.za/Attraction_Review-g312578-d2491861-Reviews-James_Hall_Museum_of_Transport-Johannesburg_Greater_Johannesburg_Gauteng.html
- Google Places reviews – https://goo.gl/maps/GdEQ6r3i6tt
- Museum’s Website: http://www.jhmt.org.za/
You might want to read: Minibus taxis in Gauteng: 5 Questions To Ask Before Using Them!